18.104.22.168 changed the UEF section to say that its weapons are average, but I don't believe this is the case, and I've reverted the changes. In order to head off a revert war, I'd like to discuss the matter here. I came to the conclusion that UEF weapons are inferior to equivalent units of other factions based upon careful analysis of the stats for various units. Some specific examples:
- The Titan's DPS are lower than the Loyalist, and it can only move its turret at 30 degrees per second making it very poor when targets move past it.
- The Tigershark has the lowest DPS of all three T1 subs, and its projectile stats are worse than or equal to the other factions'.
- The Scorcher does 300 damage per bombing run, but only in the very unlikely event that all of the bombs hit the target, which is inferior to simply doing 300 damage over a large area, like the Zeus.
- The Pillar's DPS is much lower than the Obsidian, and its slow projectiles are poor at hitting moving targets, unlike the Rhino's direct fire particle cannon. The UEF T2 Point Defense has similar drawbacks.
- A very notable counterexample to this tendency is the UEF's gunships, which are mentioned in the article.
So, I think it's accurate to say that the UEF has the worst weapons of the three factions. If there's something I'm missing (which is entirely possible), please reply below and let me know what stats make up for the deficiencies above. --TaviRider 01:13, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
Updated UEF Section.. Edit
Yeah I updated the UEF section to go with the neat Forged Alliance stuff.. I'll try and do the rest soonish! - Supertribe
===========WHERE'S THE SERIPHAM IN THESE DIFFERENCES?=============== Edit
Why don't you add it?
-Because I don't know NEARLY as much about the Seraphim as other people do. I even spelled the name wrong!
- Well it's spelled seraphim (that way you know), and be patient. A lot of people (including myself) are busy and don't usually have the time to do much here. Also, we (at least me) have tired the seraphim and don't understand the differences well enough to elaborate on this topic. On the other hand, someone will probably add a serpahim section sooner or later. --RogueCommanderIX 09:09, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
-Actually, I've also found that if I add/edit something, someone will always, ALWAYS be around to fix it up and edit it, so I think I'll probably add it myself with the knowledge that I have. The seraphim are my favorite, so I know enough about them, but I didn't realize how few people knew about them--after all, some people just plain hate them!
- Well its not that i don't like them, i'm just not good at playing them. I don't understand how to properly leverage their advantages and thus i fail. Ill be glad when somebody adds osmething about them! :D --RogueCommanderIX 03:09, 25 February 2009 (UTC)